I was tagged a little while back by Lesley and Joanne to list quirky but boring facts about myself...sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this!
Now I've been having big, big problems at the moment with my laptop and it's still not up and running to upload pictures, so here are my boring, weird and quirky habits to fill the gap until those pesky computer Gremlins decide to leave my poor old laptop alone!!..
1.I have tiny little toes, half the size of the toes next to them! They obviously decided to stop growing when I was about 10 just in case winkle pickers came back into fashion!
2. I have long arms and in the past I had to have jackets made with extra long arms!!! Maybe I'm just an ape gone wrong!!
3. I have to always park in the same parking space in the same car park in Bath and get REALLY annoyed if someone else is in it! I can't concentrate on shopping at all, which obviously is a bad thing. Or a good thing for Mr PL!
4. I have to have symmetry in the home, which drives Mr PL mad. Everything has to be equal distance from the wall, opposite each other etc etc...I struggle with odd numbers!
5. I loathe the smell of coffee. This started when I was pregnant with Imogen and has never gone away. It makes me feel physically sick and having to sit in Starbucks or Costa Coffee for an hour or so would be my worst nightmare.
6. I match my daughter's pants with the outfit she is wearing!! How bizarre is that? I can't relax if I send her off to pre-school with unco-ordinated colour pants!!! She now also has a complete obsession with matching everything. She'll even find hairbands to match her P.J's!
7. My house always has to be immaculate when I go away on holiday. I even go back into the house to plump up the cushions when everything and everyone is loaded in the car. I'd obviously hate any burglars to think I had a messy home!!
So there you have it, not very interesting am I??
Now I'm not going to pass this on, as it has been doing the rounds somewhat, however please leave me a comment with a quirky habit of your own, so I can feel I'm not a complete weirdo!!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
I share the last one with you - it's all my mum's fault. I hate, hate HATE coming back to a messy house! Shame that the only time it is tidy is when we're not living in it though ;-)
coming home to a tidy house is so lovely, the only problem is that the first thing you do is unload the contents of the car everywhere, and suddenly it's trashed!
love the matching pj and hairband idea!
Hiya, Can I ask .... Are you a Libran ?
Some of your quirky points struck a cor with me and I thought, Hmmm, I reckon you are a 'lovely Libran'.
x
I'm with you on the symmetry...I hate funny angles too...
You did make me giggle about leaving the house immaculate when you go on holiday...I am just the same.
Carol x
I must admit I too like to leave the house tidy when I go away! It soon changes though the minute we get home, lol.
Yvonne
I hate coming back to a messy house...and yes, I went off coffee too!!
I must now remember to buy varying colours of knickers ;-)
I love odd numbers in somethings but love symmetry around the house too. Like you I tend to want the house to look lovely and clean when I return from holiday but invariably that is spoiled the minute we walk back in through the door, buckets and spades, dirty washing, sand, bottles of wine (oh I could go on!).
Kimx
I share a couple of those with you I love coffee but never drank a drop when I was pregnant. I have to have symmetry in my home too. I'd definitely reccommend seeing Angelina I'm sure your daughter would love it Emily is still talking about it now!
Sarahx
Definitely know where you are coming from on the symmetry and tidy home whilst on hols..
I think I was preserved in aspic in another life!
I have a little bedtime ritual.. dousing myself with lavender oil and always wearing earplugs.. otherwise insomnia sets in !
Michele x
P.s Alas didn't make it to Frome last weekend.. hopefully this one!
I mostly agree with the coffee smell but definately agree with plumping cushions - it just has to be done :-)
Lisa x
Oh my gosh poor you....beats my dental nightmare hands down.....the tooth ain't pretty...lampshade much nicer!!!!
Lovely of you to pop in!!
I'll be popping in later....just been to J'Lewis. to get new cushion pads...and a take away curry! yummy!
xxxxx
as you know I love the symmetry :-)
house was still all tidy when I got back from holiday as well LOL
Lx
I know I emailed but just responding to your comment on my blog :-) you must must must get those pillows honestly they are fantastic - seem really weird shape and a bit odd the first time you lay on them but 20 seconds later you dont know your lying on anything and then hopefully 8 hours later wake up blissfully refreshed .............. still cant beleive we were in the same shopping village :-)
I loved reading them lol some are very funny the perfect house before you go away is just like me, even if it's just for a weekender, everything has to look just right, clean and tidy.
And the matching underwear lol that reminded me of that funny advert once on the telly with the girl on the op table and she didn't want her clothes cut off because she had odd unmatching knickers and bra on lol
Hugs,
Catherine x
Post a Comment